Wilmington, NC (National Reach)
Paws4vets has been providing some of the world’s most highly trained Assistance Dogs to veterans with Post-Traumatic Stress, Military Sexual Trauma, Moral Injury and physical disabilities since 2008. Along with their Assistance Dog, they receive cutting edge Intervention Transfer Training, peer-to-peer support and the backing of the entire paws4vets organization for life.
paws4vets Assistance Dogs help our veterans by:
* Alerting to onset of escalating anxiety.
* Controlling, regulating, and mitigating their stress, panic, and anxiety.
* Decreasing hyper-vigilance.
* Aiding with sleep.
* Alerting to startle-reflex triggers.
* Performing behavior interruption for flashbacks, nightmares, and night terrors.
* Finding/retrieving misplaced or specific items.
* Opening/closing or turning on/turning off different items.
* Performing tasks for schedule regulation.
* Calling 911 and open doors for emergency personnel.
* Providing balance and mobility assistance.
* Performing hearing alerts.
paws4vets is a subsidiary of paws4people, an accredited member of Assistance Dogs International. With headquarters located in Wilmington, North Carolina, paws4vets serves veterans throughout the United States.